AP/J. Scott Applewhite
- US Representative Tulsi Gabbard of Hawaii bought ethereum and litecoin in December 2017, a financial filing shows
- Even if the Democrat bought the coins at their lowest prices of the month, she would still be well in the red today.
- Watch ethereum and litecoin trade in real time here.
Tulsi Gabbard could be the first member of Congress to have invested in cryptocurrencies.
According to a financial filing released Wednesday, the Democrat from Hawaii’s 2nd district bought between $ 1,001 and $ 15,000 of both ethereum and litecoin in December of 2017. And while it’s not clear the exact amounts purchased or the dates, its highly improbable the representative made a profit.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Your opinion matters — Join BI Insiders program
- Fox News slammed for covering the killing of a college student more prominently than the convictions of 2 top Trump aides
- Post Malone’s Gulfstream private jet made an emergency landing after blowing out two tires during takeoff