» Top New Products
Loading the page...
- “Icebox” is the feature debut for director Daniel Sawka and is based on his award-winning short film that looks at the US immigration policy from the perspective of a migrant young boy trying to get to the US.
- The short film caught the attention of legendary director/producer James L. Brooks (“The Simpsons,” “Terms of Endearment”) who produced the feature version.
- The lead of “Icebox” is Anthony Gonzalez, the star of the Disney hit “Coco.”
Though the Toronto International Film Festival is where the major studios and established players from the independent film world launch Oscar campaigns, the festival can still have a few surprises.
This year those include “Icebox,” one of this year’s TIFF world premieres that could find itself in the running for award season consideration with the big boys by year’s end thanks to a ripped-from-the-headlines story and the backing of one of the most powerful producers in Hollywood.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: How actors fake fight in movies
- The new ‘Halloween’ movie is as tired and uninspiring as any of its sequels
- How the ‘Cocaine Cowboys’ director used the doping scandal that brought down Alex Rodriguez to create a comedic documentary about Miami gangsters
- Michael Moore’s new documentary ‘Fahrenheit 11/9’ doesn’t just go after Trump, but also turns a critical eye on Obama, Clinton, and the Flint water crisis