- President Donald Trump expressed admiration for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s rule over his country.
- Trump called Kim “a tough guy” for being able to “take over a country” at 27-years-old.
- In 2017, Trump made similar comments about Kim. Trump described Kim as a “a pretty smart cookie” for cementing his dictatorial rule after his father, Kim Jong-il, died in 2011.
President Donald Trump expressed admiration for North Korean leader Kim Jong Un’s firm grip of his country during an interview with Fox News anchor Bret Baier aboard Air Force One.
“He’s a tough guy,” Trump said to Baier as he departed Singapore on Wednesday evening. “Hey, when you take over a country, tough country, with tough people, and you take it over from your father — I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have.”See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- A new era of diplomatic relations with North Korea is on the horizon — here’s what’s happened so far
- Watch the moment Trump and Kim Jong Un share a historic handshake at Singapore summit
- ‘This is depressing’: Trump’s agreement with Kim Jong Un falls short of the ‘denuclearization’ he wanted