- China is building the world’s largest indoor ski resort in Shanghai.
- The one milion square-foot project will have three different ski slopes and offer 25 non-skiing activities
- The Chinese government is encouraging its citizens to take up skiing and other winter sports ahead of the 2022 Winter Olympic Games.
Skiers in Shanghai, China, won’t have to travel to faraway mountains anymore to hit the slopes. Foreign real-estate investors recently announced plans to build what they say will be the world’s largest indoor ski resort in China’s most-populated city.
The development, called Wintastar Shanghai, is projected to span about one million square-feet, with three separate ski slopes. The site will also offer a range of other attractions. The three slopes will each present different levels of difficulty for skiers, with one described as providing “Olympic standard for training,” CNN reported Tuesday.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- Hurricane Florence is forecast to be as big as the whole state of North Carolina when it hits the US
- 24 powerful and moving photos from the September 11 attacks that Americans will never forget
- Prince Harry is the goofiest member of the royal family — here are 20 photos that prove it