CHRISTOF STACHE/AFP/Getty Images
» Top New Releases in Books
Loading the page...
- A civilian contractor for the Hawaii Air National Guardin stable condition after a Hawker Hunter jet crashed in the ocean off Hawaii on Wednesday.
- A spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration said the jet went down in the ocean around 2:25 p.m. after taking off from Honolulu’s airport.
- The pilot was rescued about 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) south of Oahu near Honolulu’s Sand Island and is stable.
- He was said to have been participating in a military exercise called Sentry Aloha exercise.
HONOLULU (AP) — A civilian contractor for the Hawaii Air National Guard who was participating in a military exercise survived after his plane crashed off the coast of Honolulu, authorities said Wednesday.
U.S. Coast Guard spokeswoman Petty Officer Sara Muir says the pilot is in stable condition after being rescued about 3 miles (4.8 kilometers) south of Oahu near Honolulu’s Sand Island.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
- 77 years after the attack, a retired Navy commander remembers surviving Pearl Harbor
- The US says the Syrian regime is responsible for the chemical attack last month — and not Syrian rebels
- All the TV shows that have been canceled recently