Recently we asked BuzzFeed Community to share with us the dumbest things Harry Potter ever did. And boy, did they deliver…
1. Guys, Harry Potter was a major dickhead. For starters, he made poor Hermione do all his homework.
“I swear in the books Hermione did 90% of his and Ron’s homework! How big of a jerk do you have to be to not pay attention in class… then ask your best friend to do it for you?!” – sierrad4fb79c734
3. Also, he pretty much ignored Hagrid throughout the series, except when he needed something.
“Hagrid is one of the only genuinely parent-like figures Harry has in his life. He is one of the only ones who is consistently considerate of him, is actually honest with him, doesn’t use him for ulterior aims, and loves him for HIM, instead of loving him/protecting him because of his association with his parents.” – kristenccarter
4. He constantly acted like he had to do everything on his own with no help.
“Harry just loved to say, ‘You wouldn’t understand’ or something to that account. We get it, you’re ‘special’ but saying no one understands when your friends have literally been through everything with you is dumb.” – Stephen Maxson, Facebook
7. Then when Cho’s boyfriend was MURDERED IN COLD BLOOD, he swooped in on her. But he was confused when she had emotions???
9. Probably the biggest fuck-up he ever committed was completely ignoring the two-way mirror Sirius gave him.
“Like, sure Harry, go along with some over-the-top plan that includes breaking into UMBRIDGE’s office instead of going to your bedroom and using the mirror that is sitting right in your trunk. You’re all keen to use it once Sirius is dead though.” – adeleb488560530
11. And then he refused to learn Occlumency from Snape, even though it could have made everything a lot easier.
“I mean I know you hate Snape and he is pretty mean to you but for heaven’s sake could you not just try and learn it? So many lives could have been saved if he just stopped being a whiny numbskull.” – raimab
13. He truly didn’t need to go down after Quirrell to get the Philosopher’s Stone.
“If he’d never gone down there then Quirrell couldn’t have gotten the stone out of the mirror, and would have just been stuck there. His entire intervention was super unnecessary and was just him needing to play the hero.” – plotbunny
14. Also speaking of Philosopher’s Stone. On the train, he bought the WHOLE FUCKING TROLLEY of sweets. Like… do you think some of the other kids on the train would want something?
(Yes, I realise that this was a movie moment, but its funny and I wanted to include it.)
15. He honestly thought that Dumbledore would kill an eight-year-old girl for a school tournament, and subsequently nearly came last in the Lake Task.
– Sam Lim, Facebook
16. He 100% messed up when he goaded Ron into leaving them in Deathly Hallows.
“Ron was worried about his family’s safety and whether or not the Horcrux hunt would be successful. Instead of handling the situation rationally or being sympathetic, Harry lashed out at Ron.” – Larken
21. He constantly got detention and fucked up the Quidditch team.
“Literally EVERY TIME Angelina BEGGED him to hold his temper and not miss Quidditch practice, he didn’t. Harry, we know you’re going through some stuff, but you can HOLD YOUR TONGUE!!!” – Chana Lerner, Facebook
22. I will never ever be OK with how Harry completely forgave Snape for every shitty thing he’d ever done.
“Why did Snape being creepily obsessed with Lily change Harry’s opinion of him?? He went around hating him for 16 years and now he’s like in love with the dude?? Like are you fucking drunk Harry, go home.” – jadenia
23. AND THEN he named his poor kid “Albus Severus”, after the “two bravest men” Harry knew.
“First of all, Ron nearly died multiple times for you, Remus died fighting alongside you, as did Fred and many others, and also Colin Creevey, your devoted fan. AND WHAT ABOUT DOBBY?!?!?” – amygracexoxo
Before you ask, yes I am aware that Harry went through some really traumatic shit and he had a lot to deal with. I still reckon he acted like a real knob. See u in the comments xoxo.