- A food-poisoning outbreak has killed 212 people and sickened hundreds more.
- A South African meat-production plant was the root of the listeria outbreak.
- The incident is the largest listeria outbreak ever detected, according to the World Health Organization.
A food-poisoning outbreak has killed more than 200 people.
212 people have died in a listeria outbreak stemming from a meat-production plant in Polokwane, South Africa. The country’s National Institute for Communicable Diseases has confirmed more than 1,000 cases of listeriosis since the outbreak began in January.See the rest of the story at Business Insider
NOW WATCH: We tried the ‘Five Guys’ secret menu
- Kroger is testing a driverless grocery delivery service
- Amazon’s growth could threaten these 10 industries
- Amazon needs help delivering packages. Here’s how to cash in.